Vietnamese entry visa requirements vary by country. Most citizens of ASEAN nations (Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, the Philippines and Brunei) are not required to have a visa for a 30-day stay. Citizens of Korea, Japan, and Scandinavian nations are not required to obtain a visa for a 15-day visit. All other citizens are required to have a 30-day entry visa obtained through a Vietnamese consulate or embassy before departure for Vietnam, or a pre-approved entry visa (issued upon arrival at one of Vietnam’s international airports). Some Vietnamese embassies will accept visa applications directly from the traveler. To promote organized travel in Vietnam, Vietnamese embassies require that you go through a Vietnamese tour company in Vietnam for your visa clearance. The costs are somewhat cheaper to obtain it through a Vietnamese tour company. The following are the procedures for processing a tourist visa:
Passports must have at least 3 month validity from the date of entry.
Travelers visiting Vietnam are given 30 days visas.
It is required that visas be acquired at the Vietnamese Embassy before arrival in Vietnam.
Some Vietnamese Embassies will accept visa applications directly from the traveler. To promote organized travel in Vietnam, Vietnamese Embassies require that you go through a Vietnamese tour company in Vietnam to get your visa clearance. The costs are somewhat cheaper to get it through a Vietnamese tour company. Please note the visa allows visitors to enter one time during the valid date issued in the passport.
Multiple entry visas can be issued upon request.
Contact us at email@example.com
Another alternative is for you to pick up your visa at the airport in Saigon, Danang or Hanoi uses our authorization letter. The clearance letter must be done prior to your arrival. You must send us the passport information at least 2 working days or earlier prior to arrival for us to apply for you to pick up your visa at the airport.
1) Provide us the following information
• Full names (As on your passport)
• Date of birth
• Passport number
• Date of arrival
• Flight arrival time and number
2) After receiving your information above, we will process the visa application. In 2-3 working days we will send you our visa clearance letter by email.
3) You will use the document to show the airline check in counter that you will receive a visa on arrival. Upon arrival you will go to the “landing visa” booth on the left of the immigration area. DO NOT LINE UP in the regular immigration line until you get your visa sticker at the “landing visa booth”. Pay the 45USD/person visa stamp fee (cash).
4) Proceed to the regular immigration line for check through.
Contact us for the cost of processing the clearance document. firstname.lastname@example.org
• Travelers are allowed to arrive at 3 airports in Vietnam: Hanoi – Noi Bai, Ho Chi Minh City – Tan Son Nhat, Danang International Airport. You will see this written on your visa.
• Travelers crossing into Vietnam by land must obtain their Vietnam visa in advance prior to crossing the border into Vietnam.
• When traveling overnight outside the main cities, you must have your passport and visa with you.
• Business visas (multiple entry visas) are available for 3- 6 months at a time.
• Rush visas can be processed within 1-2 working days prior to entering Vietnam.
A quick checklist for people acquiring Vietnam visas in the U.S.
• Fill out the M3 form with attached passport photo. You’ll need to keep an extra form filled out, to be given to the immigration officer on arrival.
• A cashier’s check for the cost of your visa stamp made out to “Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.”
• Contact the embassy to confirm the cost, as policies are subject to change.
• Your passport. (Make sure to make photocopies of your passport.)
• A self-addressed express mail envelope (so that you’ll receive the passport back quickly).
• Visa clearance letter (please make a copy for your records).
PLEASE MAKE SURE NONE OF THE PAGES IN YOUR PASSPORT ARE TORN OFF
OR MISSING AS YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE COUNTRY
VIETNAMESE EMBASSY LOCATIONS WORLDWIDE
• Links of Vietnamese Embassies abroad:
Contact us at email@example.com with further inquiries.